Learn more about how becoming a member of the nation's largest card lock fueling networks can increase your fleet's efficiency today!
Our partnership with Pacific Pride, a nationwide network of commercial fueling stations, means our customers have access to over 1,300 locations across the United States. Through Pacific Pride we are able to provide convenient fueling at the most competitive and consistent prices.
JB Dewar has a long history on the Central Coast and an even longer family history in the fueling industry. From the beginning, the company was founded on values rooted in family and hard work, dating back to the man who started it all, John B. Dewar. The first JB Dewar board consisted of John Dewar as President, Jack Dewar as Vice President, and John’s wife, Mrs. Edith Dewar, as the Secretary/Treasurer. Today, Jack’s son, Ken, serves as President of JB Dewar. His goal is the same goal his father and grandfather once had, provide something beyond petroleum products to the Central Coast.
Take a road trip, stopping at JB Dewar dates to fuel up and see just how far we’ve come.
JB Dewar founder John Dewar. John was born in Bothwell, Scotland, in 1898 and came to America when he was 11 years old. He lived in Detroit until the Great Depression, when he purchased a one way ticket to California. He began his journey in the petroleum industry in 1921 working in the oil fields of Orcutt.
Though this picture wasn't taken until 1986, the property was purchased in 1935 as the first San Luis Obispo JB Dewar location.
Here is John Dewar on the old loading rack at the first JB Dewar San Luis Obispo location on Higuera Street.
A young Jack Dewar (left), former president of JB Dewar, with his uncle Jim (center) and father, JB Dewar founder, John (right).
This is a picture of a JB Dewar delivery truck, one we still use today, next to a Ford Model T. The old model T1 was originally built by Jack Dewar in 1927. He still enjoys cruising in it today.
This is the first decal ever used back when there were 3 JB Dewar locations - San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Paso Robles.
This aerial photo was taken of the Arroyo Grande JB Dewar location, formerly Sebastian Oil.
At one point, JB Dewar sold fuel under the Norwalk name. Here is a Mac truck and trailer used to distribute fuel.
Taken in 1956 at the Santa Maria JB Dewar location on Blosser Road. Around 1950, Jack Dewar started to work for his father, driving a relief fuel truck at each of three plants. This is the truck he learned to drive in!
Here is our butler tank heading out for a delivery!
This picture was taken at the groundbreaking ceremony of the JB Dewar San Luis Obispo location. Jack Dewar is standing in the middle.
Here is Jack Dewar behind the wheel of the truck he built riding in the Paso Robles parade.
A picturesque aerial shot of the Prado Road, San Luis Obispo JB Dewar location.
A news article featured in Pacific Oil Marketer in August 1963 announcing the opening of the Santa Maria JB Dewar location.
JB Dewar delivery truck in front of the Higuera and Santa Rosa service station in 1936. This truck was John Dewar’s first tanker truck.